RN Unit Manager
Full-time, salaried – day shift
- Know, follow, interpret, and direct all policies and procedures and communications as needed to personnel, residents, visitors, and government agencies, and other accrediting bodies such as the NYS Department of Health and Human Services.
- Maintain a good working rapport with personnel within the facility to ensure services can be adequately maintained to meet the holistic need of the resident
- Make daily unit rounds in all resident care areas to assist with maintaining the quality of nursing services rendered
- Develop and implement the residents plan of care
- Initiate investigations according to the policy
- Monitor all documentation by the licensed practical nurses and certified nurse aides as related the residents plan of care
- Direct the implementation of clinical initiatives
- Place resident service first: ensure that residents and their families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights.
- Supervise nursing care provided by the nursing assistants, licensed vocational/practical nurse for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible
- Supervisory responsibilities include.
- Receive calls and find replacements for absent staff
- Determine rotation of employees as needed and transfer employees among units as needed
- Prepare performance evaluations of employees
- Monitor and correct job performance of employees
- Is in charge of facility in absence of higher ranking management officials
- Use independent judgment and discretion on behalf of the organization in the performance of these duties
- Perform nursing assessments regarding the health status of the resident
- Perform skin assessments on new admissions, readmissions
- Use a systematic approach regarding the health status of the resident
- Select and institute nursing intervention that might be required to stabilize a resident’s condition and/or prevent complications
- Consult with physician or licensed independent practitioner as needed
- Clarify orders or treatment regimen as needed
- Understand the rationale for the effect of medications and treatments, and administer same
- Report and document the resident’s symptoms, responses and status
- Collaborate with the resident, members of the healthcare team and when appropriate, the resident’s significant other, in the interest of the residents healthcare
- Manage IV’s
- Assess change in the residents status and document appropriately
- Evaluate and assess residents with falls and documents appropriately
- Maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift. Acknowledge and respect residents rights, adhering to the Patient’s Bill of Rights
- Perform all other duties as required that are within the scope of practice according to your license
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Has obtained R.N..
- Has a current unencumbered New York State license.
- Long term care experience preferred.
Some of the great things Bridgewater has to offer are:
- Updated wages and bonuses, along with a new weekend Baylor program.
- Scholarship Programs are available, to grow in your career!
- Located on the City bus route.
- Some of the best staffing ratios in the area.
- Opportunities on traditional Long Term Care Units and training in specialty skilled areas that offer higher wages.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401k and more.
To apply, come to our facility at 159 Front Street in Binghamton, visit our website at www.bwrehab.com/careers or email Tara Prochazka, HR Director at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and fully subscribe to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, arrest record, mental or physical disability or sexual orientation.